Sunday, May 11, 2008

Details, Details, Details....

As they say, it is all in the details and the next few weeks - that is all it will be about. Travel arrangements, medical arrangements, transportation arrangements (and let's not leave out all the prep for Max's communion which is on the day we leave). We are slated to leave JFK on Saturday, May 17th at 4:20pm. We are going to be able to see Max's communion, and some of his party - but then we are being whisked away to JFK. Thankfully I was able to find direct flights to Moscow (and not as expensive as I thought) on Delta. We will have a few hours in Moscow, and we leave on a 9pm from from Moscow to Krasnoyarsk. We arrive in Krasnoyarsk at 5:30am on May 19th, and meet with the Ministry by 9am. (Not much time). BUSY BUSY BUSY!!!!!

Dennis always complains that I have "lists". Well, I certainly don't hear him complaining now!!!!! Organization will be the key to getting us set for the communion and the trip (oh - and BTW, did I mention I was gone all this week on business???) HA HA HA HA. Some things you just can't make up. So, I have a business list (of all the items I need), then a school list (of everything I need to do for my classes), a home list (emergency contacts & schedules for the boys), and finally a Russia list (what we need to bring). I have lists ALL over the place.

Well, I will continue to fill you in as details become available - but suffice it to say we will be in Russia from May 18th through May 23rd. Please don't forget to pray and keep us in your thoughts.

9 comments:

Michael, Carrie, and S said...

I just found your blog! We also adopted through CHI and just brought our son home a month ago. Congratulations on receiving your referral for a little girl! I hope that your packing is going well, and safe travels as you meet your daughter! :)

Carrie

said...

Congratulations! We are adopting with CHI and are leaving on 5/16 for our first trip to the Astrakhan Region. I am a list person too and they have come in very handy when you are running on pure emotions and logic is out the window. Have a safe travel! - Monica

Mary and Michael said...

How exciting!! It sounds like everything is under control. Can't wait to hear more about your journey.

Unknown said...

Chris, the boys and myself wish you guys nothing but the best. We know how exciting life can be with a FULL HOUSE!! We are hoping to be able to come to the party, I just have to see how I feel. Have a safe flight and enjoy!!

Lakeshore Cottage Living said...

I hope that all your packing is going well and that your lists are getting checked off and your week at work is going well too! A very exciting time for your whole family. Congratulations again!

Amy said...

I just found your blog. I am so glad you are going to be around for Max's communion. My fear is missing pre-K graduation. I look forward to reading about your visits. Safe Travels. Amy

True Story said...

Many happy blessings for a wonderful trip to meet your daughter. - Sandy

Anonymous said...

I hope all is doing well. I have been keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Please be safe and know that you are loved very much.
Miss you both and can't wait to hear everything when you get home.
Love you, Kim

Anonymous said...

Poped in to check on you guys, and SURPRISE - you are off to meet the little girl! I'm soo happy for you:) She's very lucky to have such a future loving and awsome family. God Bless You!! Ana