Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Learning the Language

Privyet -

Dennis and I keep hoping and praying, and hoping and praying (and a little more praying) that we will get back to Cassidy Mariya soon -

However, the time we do have left we are taking advantage of - We are learning Russian. We have tried the "In-Flight" tapes, and tried the 4 hour courses with Rosetta Stone, but unless you start at the beginning, you are going to get no where.

And the beginning is with http://www.listen2russsian.com/ - All I can say is WOW!!!!!! Step by Step - I am slowly learning the necessary words to communicate with her. Right now I am working on one (1) word translations like bathroom (Vannaya), downstairs (vneezoo) etc - soon, I want to be able to work my way up to simple statements like "It's ok" or "Mommy is here". The hardest part is the constant listening and pronouncing new syllables. But, I want her to feel a little comfortable - a few words that she can remember as she gets older.

Hopefully next time, I will be able to share a few more words with you, and little good news.
pakAh, (BYE)
Stephanie

2 comments:

Troy and Rachel said...

That's fantastic - I'm going to try that site. We knew a lot of basics thanks to a cd from a friend, but I would love to learn more. Who knows - if we ever go back again :) maybe I'll be able to speak it better!! Good luck and let us know your progress - hoping that court date comes quickly.

Anonymous said...

Try this website:

http://www.karensadoptionlinks.com/product.html

Theresa Kelleher's program is awesome. It is Adoption specific. It worked great for us.

Lorie
MO