Monday, August 25, 2008

Another Step ....

What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step. It is always the same step, but you have to take it. ~Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, Wind, Sand and Stars, 1939, translated from French by Lewis Galantière

Another Step taken. We have received our paperwork from our new Home study Agency (HAPS) and hopefully we will be in Trenton, NJ getting everything Apostilled. I am hoping to keep to our timeline (1) Tuesday 26th, drop off docs to get Apostilled, (2) Wednesday 27th, pick up Apostilled docs, (3) Put Apostilled docs overnight into UPS mail to CHI, (4) Thursday 28th, CHI receives and reviews, (5) Friday 29th, CHI put in mail to Russia!!!!!

Each little step that we take keep bringing us closer and closer to bringing Cassidy home. I have a running joke with our CHI rep (Anna) - I keep reminding her that my wedding anniversary in on August 30th, and a really good gift would be a court date. So, everyday I sent her a little email with the new countdown reminder!!!! HA HA HA.

Anyway, this weekend my mother and I continued our quest for the CUTEST clothes for Cassidy. We are slowly building her closet up (as you can see below). We found a pair of pink Uggs - How cute!!!! I hope they fit her -


I will continue to keep you all in the loop. Please continue to keep us in your thoughts and prayers.

Stephanie

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Hi Stephanie

I'm praying that your week goes smoothly as planned. Hopefully your court date will soon follow and that this is the end of the "paper chase" for you.

I'll continue to pray for you. Say some prayers for me too for a referral. Maybe we'll both be headed to Krasnoyarsk together.

Have a good week!
Shannon

Anonymous said...

Hi Stephanie,

How crazy, I'm going to Trenton on Tuesday for drop off and Wednesday for pick-up also....maybe I'll see you there! I'm not going until around 2:30-3:00.

I hope you do get your court date for your anniversary, that would be WONDERFUL!

Take care,
Renae

Amy said...

Hope things went well for you yesterday, today, and tomorrow. I have begun round 2 of our paper chase. I hope to send our Dossier 2 to our agency by Sept 11. Keeping fingers crossed for both you and me. Happy (early) Anniversary!