Thursday, October 9, 2008

Not the news we wanted

Well, it certainly is not the news we wanted. We found out today that our court date would probably not be until December (if then). Our documents have still not been translated and notarized after 6 weeks of being in Russia. As you can imagine Dennis and I are devastated, hurt, pissed, mad, and obviously very emotional.

According to the Moscow representative, they hope to have our documents finished and to the Krasnoyarsk region sometime in October. Oleg, the Krasnoyarsk region rep, estimates that we will not get a court date until December (if then). He mentions that it is all up to the judges in the region.

We have many friends in the Krasnoyarsk region right now (and in court). We pray that you come home soon with your little ones. Good Luck and know that you remain in our thoughts and prayers.

Stephanie (and Dennis)

10 comments:

Troy and Rachel said...

Ugh - I am so sorry to hear this. I am surprised by the length of time it is taking in Kras. I will keep praying that the papers get there quicker and that the Judges see to a quick court date.

Meghan, Bill and Nick said...

I am so sorry to hear of the delays you are experiencing.

I will keep my fingers crossed that things will move faster than anticipated and you'll get your court date soon!

Anonymous said...

That blows...We want Cassidy home!

Wolf family said...

I am so sorry to hear about your delays. I will pray for peace in your wait.

Geoff and Karey said...

OH NO... I so wanted to see you in Kras. You are in my prayers!!!!

Kris said...

We are sssoooo sorry! I have been waiting to hear the good news from you for a long time now. There is a new judge in Kras. She is OK as a judge and I hope you won't have to wait until December. I wish I could do something for you here in Kras. There isn't any family with your agency here, but maybe soon you'll get that court date.
We'll be praying for you too!

The Wilson's said...

While it is devistating, maybe you will get a wonderful christmas present!

Craig and Phyllis said...

I'm sorry to hear this news! Delays just have a way of frustrating us, don't they?! Praying that you will experience God's peace in a new way while you wait.

True Story said...

I am sooo sorry. I know God has meant this little girl to be yours. I am praying for His intervention -- NOW!

Joy said...

That stinks. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
Joy