Saturday, November 1, 2008

Busy, Busy, Busy.....

I know it has been a few days since we have posted, but we have been very very busy. When we found out that we got out court date we had a momentary sigh of relief. And I do mean momentary- since then it has gotten CRAZY!! We have had to get plane tickets, order new money, etc - The best was our visa's. I ordered our Visa's on Friday afternoon, thinking that I had a solid week for them to be processes. Guess what - NOTHING is every simple. As it turns out, Monday & Tuesday are a Russian Holiday and all forms of government are shut down. That means that our Visa's won't be processed until probably Wednesday or Thursday. That doesn't give us much time to get them back, but we have faith in the system........

Additionally, work has been crazy busy as well. Q4 is always the most hectic for my company and this year is no different!!!! I have lists of things EVERYWHERE. 1 for work, 1 for the kids, 1 for documents, and 1 for a to do list. And I only have 11 more days to accomplish everything. That is right 11 days!!!!!

Our itinerary is as follows:
  • Nov 12th (JFK to Moscow) - got a GREAT deal on Areoflot.
  • Nov 13th - Arrive in Moscow
  • Nov 14th - Medicals in Moscow
  • Nov 15th - Leave for Krasnoyarsk (Moscow to Krasnoyarsk)
  • Nov 16th - Arrive in Krasnoyarsk
  • Nov 17th - Visit Cassidy
  • Nov 18th - COURT
  • Nov 28th - GOTCHA DAY (Hopefully)
  • Dec 3rd - Leave for Moscow (Krasnoyark to Moscow)
  • Dec 4th - Appointment at US Embassy
  • Dec 6th - Return Home (Moscow to JFK)
Dennis and I will try and keep the site posted on our activity as often as possible.

Have a great day,
Stephanie

5 comments:

Kris said...

OMG! I'm so happy for you! I remember when we did the same a month ago. We took Aeroflot also from L.A. No movies on the flights. We had the same schedule in October. But I think you remember. Well, what a great news, I know how exited you must be. Are you staying in Kras hotel or an apartment?
Kris

Heather Brandt said...

Did the Words get in contact with you or not? I can't remember if I gave you their contact info. or not...Let me know...

Also, are you staying at an apartment in Kras.? If so, do you have info. on it that you could share because we'd like to possibly do the same kind of thing when we return.

Happy packing,

Heather
www.russianblessings.wordpress.com

True Story said...

Almost there! Have a blessed trip!
Sandy

Anonymous said...

I've been keeping an eye on your progress. This is great, I'm soo happy for you guys and that lucky little girl! Congratulations! God Bless and let me know if there's anything I can do for you. This will be a Christmas to remember! :)

Ana

Amy said...

What a special Christmas you'll have this year. I'll be thinking of you while in Russia. Less in 2 weeks you'll be on your way.

Great news about the Mariott points. Every bit helps.