Friday, November 14, 2008

Medicals are DONE

We have finished one more step in the process. We have completed our Medical Evaluation at the Moscow downtown hospital. We have the documents in hand and we are ready to take another step towards bringing Cassidy home.

It was a long day at the hospital. We got there at 10am in order to be the 1st in line (evaluations start at 12pm). The process went relatively quickly. We had to see 7 doctors - and it only took a little over 2 hours. Not bad!!! There were 7 other couples behind us in line, so I was very happy that our interpreter got us there early.

Afterwards, we went out to lunch with our interpreter at a nice Italian restaurant - Il Patio. The food was good, and the company was enjoyable. It was nice to talk to our interpreter outside of the adoption process. She is a very nice woman, and I hope that we get to see her on the round trip back to Moscow with Cassidy.

This evening, Dennis and I ventured down the street to the KFC for dinner. I got a great picture of Dennis in front of the chicken!!!
Tomorrow is our big sightseeing day, so hopefully I will have lots more pictures to post then. Until then, some of these local (non exciting) pictures will have to do -

Enjoy for now, and we will post as soon as possible.

4 comments:

Craig and Phyllis said...

Great to get that step done! I wish we could be there with both of you. I have always been to Russia when it has been so hot!! But, I don't think I would look forward to the negative temps that you will be having! Have fun in Moscow.

Todd and Lori said...

Stephanie and Dennis,
I hope you had a great trip to Krasnoyarsk. I also pray someone was there to pick you up at the airport! When you did not reply to my email. I sent Oleg and Sveta a message telling them what I knew about your flights. Hope everything worked out. We will be watching your blog. We wish you all the very best!
Lori, Todd and Sam Kipper

Joy said...

Oh I love these pictures!! I am so glad you are one step closer.
Joy

Anonymous said...

Oh, the WONDERFUL medical! ha-ha, oh yes, we remember that so clearly. Glad your enjoying your trip! Can't wait for you to have your court date. Best of Luck!

Renae