Monday, November 24, 2008

Ok.. I give in... The BOWS have it

For many of you who know me, I was never the girly-girl type. I much preferred jeans, t-shirts and sneakers then dresses, tights, and ponytails. Being over in Siberia has made me appreciate style much more then normal. (Now please - don't get me wrong, this wont change my style, I have just learned to appreciate it more) Everyone dresses up just to go to the market. Designer clothes are ALL over the place, and it is a HOT day in Siberia before women wear sneakers. Most wear VERY high-heeled boots through the winter in the snow & ice!! (GOD BLESS THESE WOMEN!!!)
Each day that we go to visit Cassidy, I am amazed at the number of women hiking up HUGE hills covered in ice & snow wearing designed coats, skirts and boots! More amazing are the kids at the orphanage. The kids all share their wardrobes (with the exception of a few pieces), but for the most part, they are well kept and well made. What I find the most amusing is the hair styles.
In a previous post, I was lamenting over this BIG WHITE BOW that Cassidy had in her hair. Well - Ladies & Gentlemen, I will NEVER, EVER say a thing about the big white bow again!!! I think this next pictures says it all!!!!

Yes, those are the latest fashion trends here. Dennis kept calling her Princess Cassidy - and trying to make her say "Help me Obi-One, your our only hope". It didn't really work, but he got a chuckle out of trying to get her to say it.
Anyway, we continue to keep ourselves amused. We are watching a lot of TV, and reading quite a bit. Tonight we are going out with Sveta & Oleg (Dasha is studying for finals) and then it is back to work for me (starting at 9pm local time).
Enjoy your day, and we will post soon.
Stephanie

7 comments:

April and Daniel said...

HI
Congrats too!

When are you coming to Moscow. We would love to meet up with you. Where are you staying? We are on Arbat Street next to US Embassy

April & Dan

Craig and Phyllis said...

Oh my goodness!! That is hilarious! I thought that was stuff on the floor behind her! I loved what Dennis was trying to get her to say!!! Oh, you made me laugh today! We will be heading to court in an hour, so it was good to have a "belly laugh"!

Anonymous said...

I KNOW....I couldn't BELIEVE when I saw how dressed up these women get EVERY DAY!

Oh my gosh those bows are big...it just makes you wonder if they get any bigger! ha-ha! I loved the "Obi-one" saying...how funny!!!

Glad your having fun!
Renae

Meghan, Bill and Nick said...

When I saw all the bows in the pictures I thought maybe you had brought them for her :-)

It sounds like you are having a great time! Enjoy and congrats.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear everything is going well and the bows are histerical! My husband and I went on trip 1 to meet our little boy the end of October. What you wrote about "style" is so true. It was obvious I wasn't from Kras...wearing my sneakers and jeans. And, although we use a different agency, I think we have the same contacts - Oleg and Sveta! If you don't mind, tell them Laura and Donovan say hello. What a small world...

Carey and Norman said...

I'm loving the bows. Cassidy reminds me of our little one adopted from Vlad this past March. The bows are great. Looks like you'll be buying many bows once home.

Great stuff.....you have to promise to post more pics of them once you can show Cassidy's face!!

Troy and Rachel said...

Loving the bows once again!!! I have to say that the white bow is in second place now!!