Monday, November 17, 2008

Our Day with Cassidy

What an exciting day today was. It was the 1st time in 6 months that we got to see Cassidy Masha. I was soooo nervous that she may have changed, or that she would not want us there. Thankfully, my fears disinegrated withing minutes of being there. 1st - when she walked in the door and saw us, she started telling the care giver that her mama & papa were here. She played with us, laughed with us, she even let Dennis hold her most of the time (I think she may be a daddy's girl - and I think she already has papa wrapped around her little finger!)

Cassidy Masha has not gotten much bigger since the last time we saw her. She did however get new shoes - The outfit was the same, but the shoes were new.

Cassidy Masha definitly rememebered the backpack - she dove right into it. It was almost laughable. I didn't realize that we had not taken some of the chocolate candy out, and when she found it her eyes got wide. Unfortunately, I had to tell her Nyet - I don't think she was very happy with me at that moment. But, she did find Dennis's MP3 player again - and her and Papa danced away. Later, Cassidy Masha took Mama to play in the ball pit - she could not stop laughingh as we put our feet into the small ball pit and wiggles our toes around. Then the 3 of us played catch with a balloon and she could not stop cracking up!!!

Too soon it was time to leave - and all 3 of us were upset to go. We promised Cassidy Masha thst we would be back soon. Tomorrow is court and hopefully all will go well.


We thought we would include a teaser photo - we can't put her picture up on the blog yet, but hopefully in 2 weeks.

Say a prayer!!!!

10 comments:

Craig and Phyllis said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful day with Cassidy! We are here in Moscow. We leave for Astrakhan tomorrow morning. We will get to see the boys on Wednesday. We will be praying for you tomorrow!

Carolynn and Steve said...

So glad that your visit went so well! I'm praying for you that court goes smoothly tomorrow, and that you'll all be together forever very very soon!

Heather Brandt said...

I'm praying that court will go smoothly for you!

We will be in your/our region as of 11/29 so we are busy packing.

heather
www.russianblessings.wordpress.com

Roger and Joanne said...

Oh...I got goosebumps reading how wonderful and magical your reunion went with Cassidy. I hope court goes very well and in the meantime enjoy those "special" visits.

I look forward to the "eventual" picture!

-Joanne

Troy and Rachel said...

I'm so glad you had a great day! I'll be anxiously awaiting your post about court - I know you will do great!!! Enjoy your time there!

Anonymous said...

I was tery eyed with goosebumps when I read that you finally got to see Cassidy and that it went so well. Even from the side she's beautiful!!! Can't wait to see the whole Cassidy that we've been praying for. We will be thinking of you tomorrow. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Oh she looks adorable from the back! I wish you ALL THE BEST tomorrow in court!!!!!!!!

Renae

Anonymous said...

Hi;
I'm so happy for you and Dennis. What a wonderful day you got to spend with Cassidy. It sounds like you're having an amazing trip, so far. I got teary eyed looking at the picture of you and Cassidy together. She looks so beautiful, even from the side. :0)
I know everything will go well, tomorrow, in court. :0)
Enjoy your time in Russia, keep warm, stay positive and know that you're in my thoughts and prayers.
Love you cuz,
Lisa :0)

Geoff and Karey said...

She is too cute! Can't wait to see her face. We will be praying for you during court. Can't wait to hear how it went.

Barb said...

It was great to read how well the reunion went. I found your blog while following comments. Our time lines are nearly exactly the same! We will be in court in SPB on Monday.
Barb